This project is read-only.

"," for delimeter not ";"

Jan 27, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Hello,

It appears as though the default delimeter is ';'. After doing some debugging I found property named "Splitter" which I was able to change to ',' and everything started working as expected.  But at first my very simple unit test was failing and I was quite fluster... "this is a very simple test, does this software not work?  that can't be the case but I can't see what I'm doing wrong."

Why is semicolon the default delimeter for Comma Separated Files?  Shouldn't it be a comma?

Thanks for posting the project to Codeplex btw.

Regards,

Mike D.

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Unfortunatelly (or fortunatelly) I wrote this project one time, because I needed such handling (like in the SimpleCSV) in a bigger project - writing this little project I decided to publish it in the form as it is.

Unfortunatelly by default saving from Excell to CSV, the CSV used ';' rather than ',', and the project needed such default splitter (probably it depends on machine locals).

Later I have abandoned this project, because the functionality that was used satisfied the main project.

I Hope to finish this project soon, but can't write when, there will be a next RC release probably with some fixes and Your suggestion.